Monday, July 6, 2009

So I guess I live in a haunted house

It's a subtle sort of thing, and I have had this weird feeling every time I go outside at night into the front yard lately. I did not even know what it was at first, but eventually I noticed that the second I started to open my gate there would be more light, then after a minute it would recede.

I figured it was a neighbor, but then I saw it happen and now I am officially freaked out. I live on a very long and sort of curvy street. Not a regular tract of houses at all, really, just like this big long area and I am dead in the center of it. Right to the side of the little walkway to my front door is a lamppost but there are none across the street and none nearby on my side of the street.

There is a pattern that goes across this whole street, which is maybe a half mile long. but when it gets to the middle street lamps are inexplicably missing. There's one on each side missing and 3 that should be across the street. Basically, the only light is in front of my house, and it doesn't work. Except when it chooses to. When I open the gate, it turns on. When I close it, or walk far enough away, it goes off. It's not on a motion sensor, and none of the other lights in the neighborhood do this. It's freaky. Hold me.

3 comments:

  1. It's obviously Michael Jackson. He moonwalks the Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I do have the thriller video playing nonstop since he died.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a thoughtful ghost at least.

    ReplyDelete