Saturday, July 11, 2009

Is there no one who can love me?

I was just spending the time to excitingly stalk my ex and in the digital age I can see almost in realtime how much fun she is having without me and that she has not once stopped and thought of me. The idiot she left me for was already married and more or less happily, but for me it probably means that I will wander the earth in lonely bitterness for the rest of my days. It's so unlikely to meet someone like her again, and when I do it just seems I can't even slow them down a minute let alone convinve them I am their soulmate.

Is the call of gucchi and prada shoes so strong that a man in jesus sandals who obsesses on growing things and art and computer stuff has no chance for love? Oh, and of course with an attractive girl. Who is witty and sexy but has an outwards bashfulness that is endearing and makes my pulse go wild. And who doesn't mind that all the strange drugs I take could mean I last 30 seconds in bed...or 30 hours.

And doesn't hate me too much for enjoying OK Computer in a nonironic way, and can stand the fact I don't like belle and sebastian. And who likes to have sex at least semiregularly...preferably with ME. Or at least in front of me, or willing to talk about how hot it was later. I guess just so long as I'm in there somewhere, really.

8 comments:

  1. Ok, well the Jesus sandals are admittedly a bit dodgy, but all the rest is totally cool! Belle & Sebastian kinda blow whereas Radiohead are the greatest band in the world ... ever! And frankly I think it's worth the risk of occasionally only getting 30 seconds of ecstasy if there's also a chance of 30 hours of it ... that's my kind of gamble ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Love Connection still on the air? Chuck Woolry could get you hooked up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl Interrupted - Well I do wear black socks with the jesus sandles, so that lends them a bit of respectability ;) I suppose it's like the penis lottery, but the 30 hours business is actually awful though hopefully that won't happen again. The great thing about drugs is that there is something to fix any problem, though. Sure, they cause other problems but then you get to take even more pills to fix that. One of the biggest things that came between us was my lack of liking belle and sebastian. Can you believe that?

    Prunella - I'm sure it will be back on the air in two minutes and two seconds, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My soul has been split up on a timeshare kind of thing since I got those magic beans but I have been trying to buy back all the timeshares. Man, you have no idea what a mess people make of your soul when they know they're not the ones who will have to clean up later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone that leaves you to wreck a marriage must be far from perfect. No need to idolise her, it's the girl next door who might be less stunning but completely falls head over heels for you that you should be pining for.

    You'll get there. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait! ... There's a penis lottery????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I didn't mean the way she looked or anything superficial...she just had a certain something that made me want to burst into song, as the boy in the holy grail said.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can feel you on this topic, cuz I have similar feelings sometimes... things from the past that start coming back, because it seems like there's no hope in the present. I just hope that there's someone outthere who will be the best thing that will ever happen to me. Keep your spirits high, John.

    ReplyDelete